"Até mesmo o silêncio é um texto."

quarta-feira, 2 de junho de 2010

Just trying.

It was eight and a half pm and the sun was still shining near the horizon – a common scene on summer. But it was not summer.
I realized that just when I left home to walk to the supermarket. I wasted my whole afternoon on the computer, cloistered in my room with the windows closed, working on a sheet full of numbers. I decided to take a break and walk a little bit. I saw a good idea on buying a pack of beer and some salty peanuts. I would have my own happy hour, alone. So I put my dirty sneackers and my heavy coat and got out.
The streets were silent and I did not see anyone. There were no cars, any sound. It was very strange, since we were on Wednesday. All windows that I saw were closed and, while the sun was shining, houses came to my eyes apparently dark. It is crazy, I know, but it is just the way it was. Something in my mind said that the supermarket was not open, but I kept walking. When I started, my steps were slow and placid, but when I heard that noise of a closing door, my feet speed increased and I closed my hands tightly inside the pockets of the coat. I am not a fan of crowds and lots of people and noise, but that completely silence, filled with mystery and terror, was leading me to panic.
Five blocks I had walked. I was time to turn right at the corner of the old dark two floor building - that was darker than ever. I took a deep breath and turned. Two blocks ahead, the supermarket. So I went to it. As I suspected, it was closed, like every building in the neighborhood. But, although closed, there was light inside - a mysterious yellow light, coming from the back of the store. Coming from the place where butcher used to slice the meat.

To be continued.

Nenhum comentário: