"Até mesmo o silêncio é um texto."

sábado, 10 de julho de 2010

Just trying V.

With wine under my sneackers and cold under my clothes, I felt that point had no return. I pushed the door and the yellow light filled the wet floor and next racks. I’ve been too surprised watching the faces that were sitting around a round table on the centre of the room. The yellow light was coming from a lamp over that table, which was covered by a green carpet. Colored chips were piled. Five people were there, but I recognized only three. They were standing up, while I opened the door. They were my parents and Ms Korina, those only ones that I loved all my life. Astonished, I couldn’t make a sound when they came after me, but passed away with no words, but they all smiled at me like saying a “good luck”. When I recovered my sense, purposed to go towards them, but the white beard man said with a rough voice: “Don’t. They cannot hear you, nor talk to you. Come on, have a seat.”
- Who are you? - I replied.
- I am something you might call god. Or devil.
Then I really thought that was a dream, yet it was too real.
- No, it is not a dream. – white beard, or God, started again – You are going to die, it’s simple. Let me introduce you my brother. You might call him Devil. I would like to explain something to you. We are entities, superior beings, but we were never described well by the humans. We actually are not good or evil, we just are. There are other brothers of us, who are designed to other worlds out there. For sure, we are not like you are seeing right now. I’ll make it clear: right now, we are going to decide where your soul will stay forever. To make it fair, we’ll play poker. Do you know how to play, don’t you? Yes, for sure.
He started to shuffle a deck of cards, while I open my mouth to ask a lot of things. Before I’ve done, God said:
- You would like to know how does it work, but I won’t tell you. I’ll just tell you that it happens to everyone, days or hours before their scheduled date to die. It is not poker to everyone, although. We provide a lots of games, cards, board games, even video games. We know everything that could be done in your world. Well, we are superior. Ok. It will be Texas Hold’em; thousand in chips for each one. The game ends when one of us hold all three thousand chips. Your soul goes to the winner, if I or my brother wins, but, if you do, you will live more twenty years. It is ok to you? Sure it’s ok, these are rules you cannot change. No one can change. I am going to shut your mouth now. You cannot talk. Dismiss your doubts, you better concentrate in the game.
As he said, I could not open my mouth and even make a noise. Perturbed, confused, I walk to the chair that belonged to me. I sat and wait for my cards.

To be continued.

Nenhum comentário: